Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Thriftin

My old "Sunday Funday" used to consist of day drinking and a ton of alcohol. My new "Sunday Funday" consists of thrift shopping and turning other peoples junk into my own treasure! So let me share today finds and recreations....

I was super stoked about my first find of the day at Goodwill.  A big wood fork and spoon, .99 cents each, score.










Honestly these were pretty cool by themselves, without any tweaking....but they didn't really match my kitchen so I decided I'd take the sander to them and toss on some ebony stain.




 I still wasn't feeling like they'd fit the look I was gong for in my kitchen so I gave in and decided on my go to......painted them black.




 I think they turned out pretty awesome for a total of $2.00. I haven't exactly figured out placement yet as I am still decorating my kitchen, but I will keep you posted!


My next find might make you wonder what the hell I was thinking, but I see things different than most. You are going to look at this and see a creepy bear with balloons picture, I mean I saw that too at first...but then I saw a nice wood frame that I could stain and turn into my own picture to fit my wine theme kitchen.



So I took the creepy bear picture apart, stained the frame with my favorite ebony stain, painted the glass black and wrote a little "Wine Bar" action on it. After I got done with it here what it looked like...




Not too bad of a find for $1.99!


And last but not least, my wooden horse find. This one has no place in my home as it would look perfect in a nursery and my husband and I won't be having babies any time soon! So here it is before...


Please don't look close at my man feet! I'll give you a guess at the first two things I did to that horse....if you guessed sanded and stained, you were correct! (Oh and I ripped off the creepy hair attached on the back for the tail.) After that I painted it pink (the color in the photo is off) and ran the sander across it to give it a distressed look and let the stain peek through. Here is the final outcome, I tossed a letter on there as an idea for customers but really there are so many options we could add to her to make her perfect and customized for a little girls room!





Oh one last find for me, not my house! A super cute peace sign purple scarf that I washed and rocked tonight!




I hope you enjoyed my random Sunday Funday finds! And if you're looking for bedroom decor for a little girl, let me know! The horse still needs a home....

<3Chelsey 




No comments:

Post a Comment