Sunday, January 5, 2014

S is for SHARK!

BEACH DAY WITH MY HONEY!

Greg was home at 8 A.M. from work the next day so we decided to pack a cooler and head to the beach. After chillin and hangin out for a while we decided to throw on our snorkel gear and swim around. Now Greg had previously told me that around the marina there were a lot of sharks, so naturally I told him we were staying the F*** away from that area. LOL.

We swam out to some coral and saw some really pretty fish. I even saw a black and gold Hawkeye fish....GO IOWA! 

As I said before I sometimes struggle with swimming so I make Greg hold my hand while we snorkel along. I look left and see what looks to me like a sting ray, you know that creature that KILLED Steve Irwin....




I grab Greg's arm and squeeze him as I "hide" behind him, he signals to me that it's okay and it won't hurt us, but I was still freaked out. We swim off the other way making our way towards the shore and as I'm finally calming myself down Greg taps my arm and points right. So I turn my head....A F*ckinG SHARKKKKK! 





OMG I instantly cling to him and think to myself, "just breathe, don't freak out, remain calm, that F*cker will eat you as soon as it smells your fear. AHHHHH Greg again signals to me that it's fine and as hard as it is for me to believe him I trust him but was sure as shit ready to get out of the water! I could see him keep looking behind us to check for it and as I am quickly flapping towards shore all I could hear was the JAWS theme song thinking he was behind me the whole time. LOL But we made it back to shore without any shark attacks! RELIEF! Once we sat down Greg told me that it was actually an Eagle Ray that we saw not a Sting Ray, and the Shark was a Black Tipped Shark and apparently neither one of them are anything to worry about. I am still not convinced, however I am grateful that these two guys had no particular interest in a petite serving of Iowa Inked Chick Filet. HA SHEW!



TONIGHT IS NEW YEARS EVE!


What better way to bring in the New Year then on a warm beautiful island?!

The "Outrigger" bar and grill is throwing a party. Now this isn't your typical bar or NYE venue. The bartender isn't the average hot young half naked 20 something. LoL His name is Wally and he's worked her forever I guess. 




Awesome right?! LoL It was technically a Masquerade, but we didn't wear any because there is no party store or Wal Mart for that matter on the island. We did put on some borrowed masks of our friends though for a few photos opportunities.  


It was a really low key and fun NYE. My main wish I got and that was to be able to kiss the love of my life at midnight! =) We did just that and were home by 12:15. What a great way to bring in the year 2014. Hell 2013 brought me so much, 2014 has a lot to live up to but I have no doubt! Hope you all had a great New Year! 

PEACE OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment