Friday, December 20, 2013

Questions you get when you have Tattoos!

Alright this blog was inspired by the article I just read and couldn't agree more with on ThoughtCatalog.com check it out here
http://thoughtcatalog.com/ella-ceron/2013/12/the-9-most-common-questions-people-with-tattoos-get-asked/

So first off if you don't know me I have a few tattoos. Here are some....



Now the first two are my Grandparents when they we're around 15 years old. TRUE High School Sweethearts! And the last one is my most recent finished piece, which is hard to get a picture of. It says "Even The Darkest Night Will End And The Sun Will Rise."


So if you read that article from thought catalog here is my response which I am re posting from my personal facebook:

OMG I can't love this article enough I want to blog on this topic! My favorites are these numbers...
 

1. Did it hurt? 2. Don’t you regret them? 3. Don’t you respect yourself? 4. How are you going to feel about them when you’re old? 6. But what does it mean? 8. What do your parents think about them?

I could go ON and ON. So my little tiny rant and answers.
DUH it hurt, but obviously it depends on your pain tolerance and yours is different than mine. Hell no I don't regret them. Nope not even the tramp stamp that says my name...every single one of them was me at one point in my life. So maybe I wouldn't get the same one now as a 25 year old, or when I'm 35, but as an 18 year old I did and that's a stage of my life and a part of who I was and am today.

Do you need a tattoo to remember stages of your life, absolutely not. Do I have them anyway? YEP! That one also goes with the what does it mean question? Welp all of them have different meanings but don't ask me if you don't want to know the most amazing love story of two of the most important wonderful people in my life, my grandparents. Tattoos are so trashy right? Getting a portrait of the ONLY couple I know who's first and last kiss was to each other, literally til death (of my gpa) do them part. (I admit my Grandma does hate tattoos though.) Respect myself? Of course I respect myself, I love myself actually, you should learn to love yourself too and not judge others on appearance. You'll live a much happier life, trust me!
OH and when I'm old IM WRINKLY anyways so why not be tattooed and wrinkly?! I really don't think I'll be the only one in my generation rockin a sleeve or two in the nursing home. I'll be the "bad bitch" of the old folk home! HA! Just kidding. And why would my parents care? They are cool and love me for being unique weird me, wouldnt have it any other way! 

One more question they didn't address, or more of a statement.

"You'll never get a good job with tattoos all over." You're right. Although I seem to remember having a great job before my new one (that I willingly transfered to) at this place you've probably never heard of, it's called Wells Fargo. LoL I made great money there and even better money at my new job....so take that statement and shove it!

 Rant Over! **DONT FORGET TO CLICK READ MORE RIGHT BELOW THIS THE BLOG CONTINUES**








NOPE! IT IS NOT OKAY TO GRAB ME BY THE ARM!

Seriously. I guess my rant isn't over. But you wouldn't believe the amount of people who just because you have tattoos on your arm think it's okay to grab you and pull your arm aside to study and look at it.

I get it you want to see it, I mean I did get it on my arm to be seen. It's simple. JUST ASK ME. I would love to show and tell you all about the stories behind them! No need to interrupt the conversation I'm having with my friend to rudely grab me and yank my arm away. I'm not anti-social, hell I will even give you a hug just ASK!

NO I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR TATTOO.

Just because I have tattoos and enjoy art doesn't mean you need to flash me your chest piece of Old English while your hairy belly hangs out. (Okay I'm judging now and I just said you shouldn't judge others lol I only say that playfully.) But if I didn't ask you to see it no need to show me or tell me. KBYE!

Who did my amazing tattoo work you ask?
Jack Lowe at Skin Kitchen in Des Moines, IA. A very talented bald man! Check him out! As you can see he knows what he is doing, thanks for the awesome work dude. 
http://www.skinkitchen.com/



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. Keep at it. I still haven't gotten a look at your newest ink. I forgot all about it when you were at the Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Ole! My first comment ever, exciting news to me. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete